No trip to Argentina is complete without picking up some souvenirs to take home with you and here in Buenos Aires, you won’t be short of options…so just to get you started, I’ve compiled a list of what I think are the top ones to take home with you…your family and friends at home will thank you for it!
1) Obviously leather is one of the things that Argentina is most famous for. There is leather all over the city and depending what you’re looking for it can be expensive or cheap…
2) A tub of Dulce de Leche is a must…you have to show your family and friends back home what they’ve been missing out on…and apart from anything else, you can’t just go cold turkey, you’re going to need some back home to keep you going before you can wean yourself off it!
3) The belts you get in Argentina are famous all over the world, so you can’t leave Buenos Aires without one…why not stock up and then you can take them home as presents, the perfect present for brothers and sisters alike!
4) Espadrilles are absolutely everywhere in Argentina. Not only do they look good but they are also unbelievably comfortable which is just ideal! And you can be sure that they’ll be a lot cheaper here than back home…
5) As touristy as it sounds, you cannot leave Argentina without a mate set. There are some really decorative ones but you may have to trawl through hundreds of others first so be prepared and be patient!
6) Argentina is the 5th largest producer of wine in the world. Mendoza is responsible for around 60% of Argentina’s wine exportation so if you’re going to visit there then be sure to buy some, there’s no excuse not to…everyone at back home will thank you for it!
7) Urban street art has become a really famous part of Argentine culture and consequently is now quite widely sold. If you still have room in your suitcase, then you should definitely pick something up.